Everyone. In the modern environment (where we sit in chairs, drive in cars, and do many repetitive motions) there is hardly anyone that will not benefit from this program. This ranges from athletes to those with limited physical activity. You can heal yourself and no longer be dependent on a massage, chiropractor, or physical therapist to keep you feeling good week after week.
What is the Egoscue Method?
The Egoscue Method uses the basic anatomical principles of alignment combined with client feedback to assess and diagnose. When an individual is out of alignment, meaning that the load joints (shoulders, hips, knees and ankles) are not aligned, the body is very good at recruiting other parts of the body to help out. This form of compensation occurs from lack of use (use it or lose it!) as well as repetition.
Injuries usually happen because we are out of alignment because of compensation. The result is subtle, but we all have some sort of postural deviation due to compensation—shoulder rounded, foot turned out, one hip slightly higher, etc. When the larger muscles “retire” the smaller ones join in to help. But they cannot sustain as “helpers.” The result is pain and injury. Pain is the body way of telling us “something is wrong.”
The human body was designed to move. But because of the combination of lack of motion in some body parts and and overuse due to repetition in other parts, the body loses alignment.
The Egoscue Method is for people of all ages and backgrounds feel good, live pain free, and move better than they ever have. As a pain free therapist I use exercises (e-cises) to bring body back into alignment.
How Can I Help You?
- I offer private consultations to assess your individual situation and determine a custom series of exercises. This helps with existing problems AND re-aligns the body to avoid future issues.
- Posture Therapy Worldwide Online Series is a collection of videos taken on location as I cycle around the world featuring exercises to address alignment, balance, and stability aimed for high performance and pain relief. @postureandpushbike Instagram
How I Found the Egoscue Method
I have always been in good physical shape, but after I gave birth to my son (2006), I had shoulder pain, my hip hurt and I felt completely off balance. One day I stumbled on a posture fitness class based on the exercises of the Egoscue Method. The instructor guided us through a series of exercises-very, very basic, sometimes challenging, often downright relaxing. Each time I left class I felt more balanced and filled with joy. I started using the Egoscue posture therapy method to bring my body back into alignment. I am so much stronger as a result and I could not be cycling around the world right now without it. In my professional life as a yoga instructor and chef, I encountered clients who regularly complained of an ache or a pain. As a certified Egoscue specialist, I use the method that helped me to enable others to become pain free.
What will happen in my appointment? (Online sessions available)
1. I always offer a free consult where you can learn more about the method.
2. I know that you know your body more than anyone. With this in mind we do a thorough intake with you in regard to your body and medical history.
3. Next I take photos to identify your posture deviations.
4. I introduce a series of functional demand exercises designed to address your specific muscular imbalances and anatomical dysfunction.
5. From this information I design a detailed, customized exercise menu with exercise illustrations to follow on your own. I work with you to find the right place to do your exercises for you—whether at home, in the office, at the park, on the go, or in your tent!!
Do I have to stop my current exercise routine?
Definitely not—as long as it does not cause you pain. Movement is critical to healing the body.
How often and how many sessions do I need for my posture alignment therapy?
In the beginning, every one- two weeks is preferable. As for the length of the program, everybody is different. Some people need 4-6 sessions, some require 10-12. The goal is to make you more functional, improve your posture, and to teach you how to maintain this posture for the rest of your life. We will evaluate this together based on your feedback and regular posture evaluation. Daily practice is critical to your success.
Endorsed by professional athletes and sports & fitness enthusiasts around the world, the Egoscue Method® is a proven postural therapy program designed to bring the body back to its proper alignment and restore proper design to muscles and joints.
Initial Consultation: Free